The 25th of every month is an Orange Day to end violence against women and girls. 25 October is the fourth Orange Day.
On the 25th of each month, join the UN Secretary-General’s UNiTE to End Violence against Women campaign and orange your day! Check out the Facebook album to see how others took action last month. Here are some things you can do on Orange Day.
- Pray for guidance for all those who work to end violence against women. Pray that all people turn from violence.
- Ask your members of Congress to pass an inclusive Violence Against Women Act that protects all women.
- Ask candidates for Congress how they will work to end violence against women and girls.
- Take part in the Stop Rape Now campaign to stop the use of rape in war.
- Wear orange. Take pictures and share them on Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #OrangeDay.
- Join Presbyterians Against Domestic Violence.
- Create a group in your worshiping community, mid-council, school or other location to work to end violence against women and girls.
- Sign the global call for action to tell governments around the world that you want them to make ending violence against women and girls a top priority.
- Ask 3 people you know to sign the call to action.
- Join SayNO – UNiTE to End Violence Against Women on Facebook and share why you think ending violence against women and girls should be a priority for decision makers around the world.
- Want to take a stand to make ending #violenceagainstwomen & girls a priority worldwide? Wear orange on the 25th! #orangeday via @SayNO_UNiTE
- Wondering what to wear? Wear orange on Thu,25 Oct & say NO to #violenceagainstwomen & girls! #orangeday via @SayNO_UNiTE
- Thu,25 Oct is #orangeday! Get ur orange shirt out of the closet &take a stand on ending #violenceagainstwomen & girls! via @SayNO_UNiTE
Post on Facebook
- Change your Facebook cover photo to this banner.
- Use this post: The UN Secretary-General’s UNiTE campaign is proclaiming every 25th of the month as Orange Day! Wear orange to take a stand on ending violence against women & girls, and encourage all your friends to do the same!
- Use your imagination to identify and implement other ways of working to end violence against women and girls. Share your ideas.
Of course working to end violence against women and girls is not a task for one day a month. Orange Days provide a reminder that, in Christ, we are called and freed to love one another and to pursue justice for all – each day and every day.