On April 27, 2018, the Inter-Korean Summit opened the door to peace on the Korean peninsula between North and South Korea. On April 27, 2019, the people of South Korea and Korean-Americans of the New York metropolitan area will come together for the final push to obtain peace. Half a million Koreans in South Korea will gather across the country to participate in the People’s Peace Chain action, covering the entire line of the Demilitarized Zone to wish for harmony and to promote peace on the Korean peninsula. With the same goal for peace in mind, we have organized community members and formed the “Committee for 4.27 Min (People) + Peace People’s Chain Action.”
The peace process on the Korean Peninsula will not be achieved through slow inter-governmental negotiations alone. It must be fostered by people with a collective history who have the incentive and drive to chart the course of our future together. We will usher an age of renewed trust and harmony as we put forth our desire to create a powerful and lasting peace. The People’s Peace Chain will be created with all of this in mind on Saturday, April 27th, 2019 in front of the United Nations, where we will be joining hands connecting the Permanent Mission of both North and South Korea to the United Nations. On the same day, 500000 people in South Korea will create a People’s Peace Chain of three hundred and twenty miles along the Demilitarized Zone in South Korea, which has been a steadfast symbol of distrust and conflict on the Korean peninsula.
A dream that is dreamt by many becomes reality. Join the ‘4.27 People’s Peace Chain Action’. Join hands in front of the UN and make the dream for a future peace reality!
Who can participate?
• Anyone who wishes for the peace on the Korean peninsula
When and Where to meet
• April 27th, Saturday at 1PM
• Dag Hammarskjöld Plaza (2nd Ave and 47th St)
• Please wear a blue top if you can.
How to Join:
• When you arrive, please register and receive a souvenir at the information desk that will be located inside the Dag Hammarskjöld Plaza.
• Write a peace message on the message board, which will be delivered to the Permanent Mission of both North and South Korea.
• Enjoy cultural performances and participate in a rally wishing for the peace on the Korean Peninsula.
• After the rally, everyone will move to the area under the guidance of the Marshall Team to create a People’s Peace Chain.
• Join hands to create ‘4.27 People’s Peace Chain’ from the Permanent Mission of South Korea to the Permanent Mission of North Korea!
To support with donations
• Make a check payable to: NY NUAC
• Mail to:
Woori Church of New York
53-71 72nd Place. Maspeth, NY 11378