Consider wearing red today in support of the effort to address the crisis of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women, Girls, and Two-Spirit People. Here are some resources for learning:
- Litany for Missing and Murdered Indigenous People (pdf)
- Devotional Presentation (pdf)
- Resource list on Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women, Girls and Two Spirit People – Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) (Download MS Word doc).
- TEDxYouth@Seattle “Running for Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women”
Here are some ideas for actions:
- Read the Urban Indian Health Institute’s 2018 Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls report which highlights the MMIW crisis and the high number of cases in the Seattle metro area
- If and when a Native relative is missing or murdered, access this toolkit on Understanding and Responding to Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women for Families and Communities
- Learn more from the Yakima Herald’s in-depth series, The Vanished, or watch this powerful video by phenomenal youth athlete and WSCADV intern Rosalie Fish (Cowlitz and Muckleshoot)
- Respond to the National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center’s calls to action, and follow them on social media for events and resources.