They say one should only make one or two changes at a time. In a deja vu moment, many changes are needed. Many of these ideas have been tried in the past. All those failures can be viewed as practice, right?
New and reinforced habits:
- Cardio 30 minutes a day
- 10,000 steps per day
- Stretch every day
- Strength exercise two to four times a week
- Take walking breaks during the day; maybe even leave the Shire – go to the gym or outside (per NP Dina Shah)
- Drink 10 glasses of water
- Eliminate diet soda (a “chemical-filled diuretic” per NP Dina Shah)
- Establish the Shire as a junk-food free zone
- No more Seamless (or limit it and change the type of food ordered)
- Healthy snacks
- Eat more vegetables
- Do meal planning (last because it may well be the most difficult)
That’s a start. More will probably follow.