On Saturday, May 17, UNRWA USA will sponsor the 3rd Annual Gaza Solidarity 5k Walk/Run to benefit the children of Gaza in Rock Creek Park in Washington, DC.
The proceeds from this event will benefit UNRWA’s psycho-social support program for children in Gaza suffering from psychological trauma and PTSD due to the devastating November 2012 violence and the prolonged blockade. Since November, reported cases of PTSD have risen by more than 100%. 42% of those cases are children under the age of nine.
There are several ways to participate.
- If you are in Washington, DC, you can walk or run.
- You can contribute to the cause.
- Join the conversation on social media by using #Gaza5K in your posts and tweets!
- If you are in New York, you can join me in walking 5k in Central Park. I will start from Columbus Circle at 10:00 AM. Let me know or meet me there.
- You can walk wherever you are.
- You can pray.
Together we can make a difference for the children of Gaza.
American Friends of UNRWA is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit that supports the humanitarian and human development work of the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees through fundraising, advocacy, and outreach. UNRWA USA aims to educate the general American public about the situation of Palestinian refugees and generate support for UNRWA’s work in Gaza, the West Bank, Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan.
See you along the Trail.