Two major factors contribute to this. First, I am not terribly creative in the kitchen. Second, it made shopping easier.
That said, here is the menu:
- One egg
- Three slices of turkey bacon
- An English muffin (for 6 days – a decision lies ahead on Saturday)
- Two peanut butter sandwiches
- About three ounces of ground turkey (one 20 ounce package divided into seven servings)
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- One slice of American cheese
- 2/3 of a cup of low sodium spicy V-8
That will leave me five eggs and 9 slices of cheese to add over the week.
Water will be the beverage – beyond the V-8
This is not a balanced diet. I know that. I recognize many of the issues with it.
The amount of money to spend imposes limits, but I could also consider nutritional factors more carefully. That I do not have to do so for a week is yet another privilege.
See you along the Trail.