Those will be my companions for the next two weeks.
Within that group, my circle will likely focus on 40 or so Presbyterians and some of our ecumenical partners..
The 56th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women (“CSW” or “the Commission”) begins on Monday, February 27.
For Presbyterian participants things started last night with an orientation at the Church of the Covenant.
The CSW is a functional commission of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). It is the principal global policy-making body dedicated exclusively to gender equality and advancement of women. Comprised of representatives of 45 UN Member States, the Commission gathers every year at United Nations Headquarters in New York to evaluate progress on gender equality, identify challenges, set global standards and formulate concrete policies to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment worldwide.
Watch the plenary sessions of the Commission on UN Webcast.
Other sources of information include:
- The Ecumenical Women Web page
- Presbyterian United Nations Ministry Facebook page
- Presbyerian Women Facebook page
- Ecumenical Women Facebook page
- Commission on the Status of Women Facebook page
- On Twitter, hashtags will be: #CSW56 and #EWCSW
- Twitter accounts to follow include: @PresbyUN @EcumenicalWomen @nancyatbread @UN_Women @UN_CSW @emilywadene
This morning we will take part in an orientation with our partners in Ecumenical Women.
Thanks to Grace Bickers who volunteers at the Presbyterian Ministry at the United Nations for the picture.